PowerShield X - Family of Intelligent Circuit Breakers and Auto Reversers
List: from $44.95 (see the list of dealers)
Protected by U.S. patent number 7810435.
The PSX series is a product of Larry Maier's 10 years experience in designing and producing intelligent, solid state, DCC circuit breakers and auto reversers. Patent pending. The PSX specifically addresses the increased inrush loads (currents) which occur due to large capacitors used for sound systems. This load appears as a system short circuit until the capacitors are charged. The logic in the new PSXs determines if the load is a true short or just an inrush overload.
DCC Specialties, manufacturer of the unique HARE, Wabbit and other exclusive DCC products, has acquired the rights to the former PowerShield, a market leader line of high performance, reliable DCC circuit breakers and auto reversers. Many new product improvements and innovations have been incorporated in the new series named PowerShieldX.
DCC Specialties is so confident about the PSX's quality and performance that they are providing a 1 year "Goof Proof Warranty". The design is so innovative that patents have been applied for.
There are (5) versions of the new PSX-AR Series Integrated DCC Circuit Breaker and Auto-Reversers:
(1) PSX-AR, with integrated stall motor decoder
(2) PSX-ARFB, same as above with added network feedback
(3) PSX-ARSC, with integrated snap coil decoder
(4) PSX-ARSCFB, same as above with added network feedback.
(5) PSX-AR-AC, same as above but designed to work on conventional 2 rail AC.
The PSX series also includes 4 DCC power district circuit breakers that incorporate all the same intelligent and exclusive features:
PSX-1: 1 Block Control
PSX-2: 2 Block Control
PSX-3: 3 Block Control
PSX-4: 4 Block Control
Features PSX-AR and PSX-ARSC
- Compatible with the newly introduced 2 Rail AC.
- Automatic Coordination of Auto Reverse and Circuit Breaker Tasks: It is both a auto reverser and a
circuit breaker. Fast, all solid state design with reliable quiet electronic reversing, no blinks, clicks or sparks!
- Adaptive Load Reset: Electronically senses if the overload is a real short or due to in-rush capacitance of sound decoders.
- Automates Reverse Loop Turnouts: Integrated stall motor or snap coil decoder, automatically lines up
switch machines is when the polarity is reversed. Switch machine can also be controlled with standard DCC accessory commands or push buttons.
- Manual or Automatic Reset: Automatic reset of the breaker or a push button switch can manually reset.
- Outputs for LED Indicators: LEDs can be added to monitor; input/output power and status.
- Wide Range of Current Trip Setting: Trip currents are adjustable adjusted by jumpers or CVs: 1.27 to 19.2 A
- System Reset: A single CV command sets all Addresses and CVs to original factory values.
- Output for Audio Alarm: An audible sounder can be added to the card to alert you when there is a short.
- Booster Function for Low Current: Some boosters need help when resetting. Adding a jumper kick starts low Amp systems.
- Auto Stop with CV Reset: A photocell can detect a train in the reverse section and turn off power. A DCC command can then restore the power.
- Board size: is 5 3/4 by 3 3/4 inches, designed to fit standard Radio Shack enclosure.
Features PSX-ARFB and PSX-ARSCFB
- All of the above plus Feedback and Block Occupancy Feedback, Shorted and Occupancy Status to Digitrax (LocoNet), Lenz (ExpressNet) and NCE (CabBus)
- Block Occupancy Outputs: Indicates block occupied or if there is a real short, Occupancy Amps adjustable
All PSX Series DCC Circuit Breakers include Network Feedback at no extra charge. Feedback, Shorted and Occupancy Status to Digitrax (LocoNet), Lenz (ExpressNet) and NCE (CabBus).